Isola delle Rose is the youngest island in the Venetian lagoon, ‘created’ in 1870, and our high contemporary design keeps us the most youthful in style. In 2010 JW Marriott envisaged a luxury resort on the island, Italian designer Matteo Thun was commissioned and the resort opened in 2015 to huge acclaim and awards.
Today guests come to enjoy the cooler climate ushered in on the marine currents after touring the sun beaten streets of Venice, and it was always so. As soon as Isola delle Rose was habitable it was sought out for the salutary breeze, for a hundred years the island was home to a clinic.
In 1980 the island’s flourishing plants and rose beds were tended by a Capuchin friar, Padre Policarpo. His name comes from the Greek word polykarpos meaning rich in fruit, we feel his spirit infuses the fertile gardens and orchards to delight guests of JW Marriott Venice.